BDSM + foodie insanity = The Deviant Domestic.
Hi, I'm Jade, your friendly neighborhood kinky chef.
Armed with a food processor and a dragon's tail, I'll take over the food world, with or without its consent.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Turbacoducken.

Yes. Say it with me.
Turbacoducken.

A chicken *wrapped in bacon*, stuffed inside of a duck that's *wrapped in bacon* and stuffed in a turkey that's *stuffed in bacon*..
The Jubbs and I are planning the logistics of it. We've purchased the turkey and the duck. We went to Genuardis' and practically stole the turkey from them.. 37 cents a lb with a purchase over 15 bucks.. That was a bit too easy!

We've got the duck and the turkey. Both in which are currently frozen.. well, pseudo frozen. It's in a cooler on the back porch in a meat holding pattern. We've decided that we're not going to do a whole chicken, we're going to cheat and just do Chicken Thighs. Boneless Chicken thighs. I know it's not completely directly to recipe, but when is it ever? Seriously!

Anyway.. We're not going to brine the turkey, mainly b/c it's pre-froze and "enhanced" with flavor and whatever madness. Actually, I think I may do an herb butter under the skin of the turkey for that umph. Now.. with the duck.. I have no goddamned idea what to do with the duck. I don't even think I've eaten duck before.. I know it's oily and a bit greasy, but I'll figure something out. I still need to think that out, if I'm all annoyed and in deep thought at work, I'll clear my mind and think about duck preparation. I kinda wish that my food work husband was here this week, I need to bounce ideas off of him..

*yawn* It's getting late..I'm tired. I'll write more in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment