BDSM + foodie insanity = The Deviant Domestic.
Hi, I'm Jade, your friendly neighborhood kinky chef.
Armed with a food processor and a dragon's tail, I'll take over the food world, with or without its consent.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Appetizers at 27 Mix-

This is the first part to the 27 Mix challenge that I'm setting for myself. The dishes that they make are rather simple (don't quote me on that) and I think it's a good way to stretch my culinary legs.
===

Black Bean Soup 5.50

Chopped onions, sour cream & feta cheese

(this is gonna be easy, I already have an amazing recipe for black bean soup. It takes time, but my main thing is to see if I can make smaller batches instead of the Army sized servings I normally do)

Grilled Polenta 9.25

Sweet Italian sausage, roasted mushrooms, Gorgonzola sauce & balsamic honey reduction

(I'm a bit nervous about polenta. The thing that worries me about it is the constant stirring so that it doesn't turn into a porridge. I think I can do it maybe with my immersion mixer that has a wisk attachment..)

Vegetable Spring Rolls 7.50

Chile lime honey & scallion soy dipping sauce

(I'll change this to a spring roll with a meat in it. I've never had a spring roll. I think this is the best way to figure out and try it. )

Grilled Chicken Quesadilla 9.75

Gouda and Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, sour cream & salsa Verde

(I may do this a bit earlier and use the turkey leftovers that I have.. *smirks*)

Shrimp Tacos 9.75

Tomatoes, cilantro, feta cheese & chipotle sauce
( I think I'll change this into a flank steak taco due to the allergy issues.)



Wild Mushroom Risotto

Mascarpone cheese, peas & zucchini
(I'm not too sure about this one, I'm not all that wild about mushrooms, but a challenge is a challenge.)



Tokyo Chicken Wings 9.00

Asian marinated and fried

( Mmm, sticky asian wings. I may try and find MSG to see if I can give it the actual ghetto chinese addiction factor. Or maybe I'll figure something else out. I was thinking about partially frying it and then roasting it in the oven.. )

Crispy Cajun Calamari 9.50

Arugula & sweet Remoulade sauce

(This isn't going to be done. Or maybe I can use slivers of chicken thighs instead? On second thought, I'll do it.)

Yellowfin Tuna Tartare 10.00

Avocado, julienne cucumber, scallions, wasabi sauce & chilled soy-sake broth w/ ginger

(Yeah, nah.)

No comments:

Post a Comment